Tuesday, May 12

THIS is how you expend calories

One would expect the end of the semester to be stress free, but with the getting back of grades and the packing and the visiting people before they leave for good and grocery shopping (due to lack of meal points), it is NOT stress free. Thursday was the day of my last final, so I kicked back after that was done: had lunch with 2nd years, played soccer with a volleyball on the hub lawn, stole Chen's bike, and lost at Poker again.

Arguably the best part of the entire year occurred on Thursday night as Ramya, Anita, and I walked from McLanahan's while drinking free Chai all the way down to the golf courses on the west side of campus in an attempt at midnight stargzing. The moon was excessively bright, so we weren't able to see the stars very clearly, but we were, however, able to see what was on the golf course. We kicked around some sand, stuck our feet in the golf holes, and wondered if building a fire on the golf course would draw too much attention. We also found this quaint little flowery
tree that we decided to climb and act monkeyish on. It was great fun...especially since the darkness made it difficult to judge the height of the branch you were perched on. We have claimed that tree as our own. It has even given me a large scrape on my ankle which I am sporting proudly. I wish I took a picture of it (the tree, not the scrape).

Friday was actually much less fun than Thursday, especially since I realized how much packing I still had to do. I burned about 4000 calories as I lugged this huge box of stuff up and down a hill to my friend's office on the very edge of campus. In attempt to reduce my luggage weight, I sold as many textbooks as I could. I tried to convert my spare change to cash (how come all banks close at 4:30? Is that some rule?). I donated my lovely shampoos. I threw away a ton of clothes. I sent my rug off with someone. And finally managed to fit the rest of my belongings into two suitcases and backpack. Note to self: PACK LIGHTLY FOR COLLEGE NEXT TIME.

And so Saturday morning, I flew back to Boston via Philadelphia and reached Bedford by afternoon. I was then unpleasantly surprised to hear that I had been signed up for two dance performances at Pfizer Corporation, on Tuesday and Wednesday. I was then pleasantly surprised to hear that I would receive $100 for it, which is great because I am completely broke.
So here I am in Connecticut, blogging when I should be resting up. But what can one do? It takes some time to reset the sleep schedule of a college student.

So amazingly, the end of the semester has actually resulted in me being overworked and underfed. I better be losing some weight otherwise I will be angry.

Anyone want to go climb some trees?

2 comments:

Nipunn said...

YES!

Also, you should get 100$ each. Demand more! Mooooore!

Sowmya said...

you are absolutely right. I am going to get $200 from them.