Friday, May 1

I don't think I can last until the end

Here are some photos from last Wednesday's photoshoot of the arangetram girls.

I do not exaggerate when I say that hair and makeup takes over an hour.

Weirdness at the photostudio, after everyone's pictures had finally been taken.

Fear me.


In the home stretch here, the Friday a week before the Friday the day before I leave (I leave next Saturday).

I just finished teaching myself Pericyclic reactions, which are mildly interesting, though I would much prefer NOT having to know them at all. My Ochem final is less than a week away and is the last exam of my freshman year at the Pennsylvania State University. Once I'm done with that, I'll be a senior. And "halfway there".

I haven't posted since I got back from my self-imposed vacation, so I'll tell you how the week has been since then. I had a pretty amazing journey back, and by amazing, I mean: no thunderstorms, no rain, no delays, no long waits, no 110 pound suitcases, and no lost luggage. I left the gorgeous 80 degree Boston weather and touched down 4 hours later into 85 degree State College weather. It was perfect. I wish all plane journeys can be like that. However, there are some unfortunate and unfair rules about life at Penn State and this is one of them:

The amount of work needing to be done is directly proportional to the awesomeness of the weather.

It's true; don't bother denying it. Every single time it's been nice outside, we've had to study for a test or do a lab report or write an essay. And since I had to start studying for final exams last weekend, the climate gods made it a point to create exceptionally superb weather, thus ruining my life.

And that's how the week has progressed: wistfully looking out the window, cursing the climate gods, and wildly fantasizing about moving time forward. On the bright side, I am completely finished with Biology labs (last one was yesterday!) and will never again have to step inside the sick, abominable place of death and evilness that is Mueller Building. I also had my Ballroom Dance final exam before the judges yesterday, which I think went pretty well. Tonight, we have to attend the semiformal dance and showoff our moves. I now know Rumba, Cha-Cha, Quickstep, Waltz, Jive, Tango, and a teensy bit of Samba. It's going to be a blast because for a change, everyone there will know how to dance!

Bye for now
and expect a change in the layout some time soon. I'm getting bored of this.

3 comments:

Nipunn said...

I like the layout =). The background on my computer is something pretty similar to that picture at the top..

You're right about the weather. The weather has been pretty shitty here for the last 3 days and I've had nothing to do (sit in the tent holding the fence).

But I'm done with class now! (Well, I'm in my last class of the semester).

Marissa said...

"The amount of work needing to be done is directly proportional to the awesomeness of the weather."

^ Highly highly true. It's always nice here and I always have a crapload of things to do >_>;;

Anonymous said...

"I do not exaggerate when I say that hair and makeup takes over an hour."
Do I ever know that!!
But, mine ultimately turned out to be fun.
Meh. I have fun in everything.