Sunday, May 17

Empty and Blissful

An ideal summer vacation is empty and blissful. I haven't actually had one of these in three years, seeing as last summer consisted of many hours of dance practice and the beginning of college. The summer before that, I started working at MIT the day after school let out. Then, I went to India for 5 weeks. Then, I worked at MIT again until school started. Naturally, I am thrilled to have all of this free time. I even decided to avoid doing the first dance camp + production so that I may continue to frolic and enjoy.

Lately, I've been working on juggling the soccer ball, flute playing, and cooking. I have also beeing playing online games, watching television, and considering setting up the DDR.

Yesterday was Relay for Life, so some pals and I biked up to the track between the middle and high schools and did some laps while meeting old teachers and high school kids. However, the grade school atmosphere soon became extremely irritating and we had to leave. Kim, Staci, Nipunn, Jeff, and I biked up to Lexington Center where we played some poker in the grass (yes, poker), indulged in some warm drinks at Starbucks, and had dinner at Not Your Average Joe's. I had Calamari. Piscitarianism is great!

We biked back to Bedford in record time and I prided myself in doing so without even touching my handlebars. We then went to Page Field and started kicking around a soccer ball and tossing around a frisbee AT THE SAME TIME. Epicness. My dad brought us some badminton equipment and we proceeded to have the greatest game of netless, courtless badminton on the grass for the next 2 hours. My forearm even aches now. Soon, it got pretty dark and the mosquitoes were moving in on us so we went into my house and ate grapes and ice cream while watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

And that's how things have been. Unplanned, spontaneous, and carefree. Life should be like this always.

4 comments:

Marissa said...

I am jealous beyond all measure.

Nipunn said...

Woooo

and we should do it again tomorrow

and the day after that

and the day after that

Sowmya said...

Marissa you need to hurry up and get your butt over here

Ramya said...

You actually bike places? I'm jealous.