Wednesday, November 26

Thanksgiving Break: Part 1

PSU gives us the entire thanksgiving week off, so my parents came to State College last Thursday and invited me to spend the night at the hotel. We left on Friday morning (no, I did not attend classes) and it was snowing a lot. We got to Pittsburgh that evening and after some scariness that involved our van not being able to get over a hill due to the iciness, we got to Carnegie Mellon where Nipunn and Katherine go to school. We grabbed them and went to a Filipino/Thai restaurant which we later found out did NOT have fried ice cream, but it was already too late. I ate something pretty good that involved cooked jackfruit.


After dinner, I absconded with Nipunn and Katherine to Nipunn's dorm room where we played video games and got visited by sketchy guys. I guess that's CMU. We also visited Katherine's incredibly messy dorm room and got some hot chocolate. I was actually tired by the time I got back to the hotel room.

The next morning, we visited the Sri Venkateshwara Temple in Pittsburgh after following the most retarded set of directions. Even the GPS couldn't help because it told us to go up a street that didn't exist. But it was a large, austere, and rather cool place.

After that was a really really long car ride to Groton, Connecticut where we spent the night and then finally to Bedford the next morning (Sunday). Monday afternoon was spent at BHS talking to teachers, which took much longer than I had anticipated. Therefore I went to school during classes on Tuesday to talk to more teachers. It was very nice.

Right now, I am at Nipunn's house with some high school pals. Nipunn and I made a list of reminiscent things to do. Here it is:

Rubiks Cubing
Playing Rock Band
Watching my Arangetram DVD
Running to Bedford Farms for some Pumpkin Ice Cream
Watching our History Fair Video
Playing Carroms
Making Mango Pie or Mango Lassi
Watching Hungama (a Hindi movie)

I've beeing doing my best documenting all of this on Soreen's camera and I will upload the pictures ASAP.

4 comments:

Nipunn said...

Dude-that was awesome
Such a good day. My parents were just telling me about how hanging out with friends all day long is not a good life habit. I'm glad I never listen to them.

"God, take me away now"
"God is not a weightlifter fat woman"

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is the first time I'm reading about stuff happening in your blog that I didn't already know about, which is cool. Sounds like you're having a fun break: Pittsburgh... cooked jackfruit... high school teachers... Pittsburgh... high school friends... pumpkin ice cream... mango pie... Pittsburgh... gah, I'm jealous!

Nipunn said...

This is the first time I'm reading about stuff that I actually was there for!

It's pretty exciting both ways though!

Okami Moon said...

i'm so honored sowmya...you mentioned me in your blog. : P sry you won't be able to put up the pics til i get back sunday, but i promise that's the first thing i'll do. lol.