Wednesday, November 12

Freedom, awesomeness, and...neck spasms.

I was writing this blog post yesterday when I was rudely interrupted by a sharp pain in my neck that was so dizzying that I found myself on the ground. It was freaky enough that an ambulance was called for and I was forced to spend the rest of my Wednesday in a hospital where a few bottles of blood, CAT scans, and an enjoyable day were taken from me. The EKG and blood were to make sure I had no heart problem, which I already knew I didn't. In the end, of course, it was nothing serious, just a sprained neck. Turns out I had injured it while I was stretching improperly, but I hadn't thought much of it until that sudden spasm. All in all, it was a completely unnecessary hospital visit, nothing that a bit of Ibuprofen couldn't have solved. And now I can't even donate blood! Yippee. On the bright side, now I know why I fainted a few years ago in CVS and got a concussion--I must have gotten the same type of pain-triggered dizziness while trying on a brace for my sprained wrist. Mystery solved! I would have figured this out earlier except that concussions have the inconvenient tendency to erase memory.

ANYWAY

As I was saying before that rude and painful interruption, MY EXAMS ARE OVER. I have no more tests until finals week and fortunately, I don't have to bring my grade up for any class, so there is no added stres. However. If you had seen the state of us right before the OChem exam this weekend, you might have suggested that we be shipped us off to an asylum. "We" meaning: me, Ramya, Moksha (studying for Chem 110), Malinda, and Shivam. Of course Brent had finished studying for this exam weeks ago and went off to do non-ochem related stuff. But the rest of us were, quite literally, in hysterics. I have never cursed more in my entire life that I did that weekend. I screamed several times, threw carbon atoms at people, and broke things. In return, was physically attacked by Moksha and cussed at in Telugu. Here is an illustration:


Malinda, who was sick and delirious, kept asking questions like, "What is an aldehyde? What is a reaction? Who is organic chemistry?" and Shivam had his free will stripped of him yet again as three girls forced him to explain things. Eventually, we took the exam on Monday and ended up doing WAY better than we expected and regretting having stressed so much. In celebration, we watched Rang De Basanti, even though I had a Chemistry test the next day. Now that's over too, and as I had previously predicted, I have lost all motivation to study.

Tuesday evening was awesomely spent eating Indian food and listening to Indian tunes. We bought plain white rice from Uncle Chen's, plain yogurt from McLanahan's, and ate it with pickle that Ramya had in the fridge. We were joined later by Swetha and Arthi, who must have been attracted by the loud music and the spicy smells.


We plucked eyebrows, thought of names for our children, and watched people slap each other on YouTube until about 2 in the morning.


Now, I am off to Vedic Society and then The Dark Knight at the HUB. Nice, neck-free activities.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT POST!
i officially declare this the best week i've had at penn state so far. :)
and yes, pictures will be coming soon. tomorrow, probably.

Nipunn said...

Good choice of shirt!

Anonymous said...

dude. this was the best week ever. minus the stressing.