Friday, November 7

The joys of music, fridays, physics, language, and fruit.

I realize that my blog entries have been crappy lately, and many of you are desperate for news about my oh-so-interesting life (I know you read this, Ma), so I will try to write as much as possible. This is also so I can postpone studying for OChem for as long as possible.

First off, I would like to say that I officially love the Hindi album Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, by Salim and Sulaiman. The movie stars Shahrukh Khan and some other random person. Have a look at the movie poster; he looks hilarious. Go get the album if you haven't already. I will now consider listening to Salim and Sulaiman's other album, Fashion, and will report on its quality in my next post.


First piece of amazing news: today was my last Chem 113 lab. This means that I get 5 HOURS back on Fridays, as well as some of my sanity. You are probably asking what I was thinking when I first signed up for it. Yeah, me too. Never again.

Second piece of amazing news: I got a 106 on my physics midterm. Yep. However, this may actually be bad news in disguise. Why? Because I had recently decided to start attending Physics class again, now that we have started to cover the topics I hate (and am therefore bad at), such as rotation and oscillation. That motivation is now gone. This can only spell disaster for the final exam.

Third piece of amazing news: I am relearning how to read and write Telugu. I thought it was going to be hard to pick it up again after teaching myself at the end of senior year, but it's only taken me a day or two and I'm actually loads better than I was before. The reasons why I resumed: 1.) I'm bored. 2.) I'm going to India in December. 3.) I stumbled upon a website containing a bunch of clips of Amrutham, my favorite Telugu comedy serial (sitcom, basically) and I want to know what the credits say.

Fourth piece of news which is amazing and yet also awful: It's 70 degrees outside. Why, oh why does it have to be so nice this weekend when I have to be stuck indoors, cramming for two tests? This was also the case three or four weeks ago right before the 2nd OChem test (remember those pictures of me frolicking in the sun rather than studying?) Life is very unfair in this aspect.

And finally:
I have made the resolution to blog more frequently because it's pretty embarrassing how Marissa, who goes to Caltech, can blog everyday whereas I only make a pathetic 5 or 6 posts per month. You will see more, I promise. However, I probably won't post again until Tuesday or Wednesday, when I resurface from my next two exams (Ochem and Gen Chem). So long.

In the meantime, check out the contents of me and Sharon's fridge! We are such healthy people! Too bad it's not actually true. The ones on the top rack are all the apples I stole from the dining commons, and the ones on the bottom rack are those Sharon got when she went apple picking in Jersey. Those are Sharon's oranges in the bottom bin.

Bye!

5 comments:

Marissa said...

Hah. My blog is going downhill rapidly. I need like, pictures for srs.

Anonymous said...

Good entry. I am commenting.
Now where can I find some Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi songs? Only short clips are on youtube. If you have the songs on your iPod, I believe I'll be needing them soon.
Also, your fourth point irritates me tremendously as well. It's torture being inside studying when it's lovely outside. AAAARGH!

PS- YAY FOR BEING ABLE TO TYPE IN TELUGU!! everyone else should be jealous.

Melody said...

Sowmya, studying inside>college apps inside.

And my blog sucks. Sorry to all.

Unknown said...

.. No wonder you like 'Amrutham', its because of my name in it :)

Okami Moon said...

can i steal some of those apples?? i have caramel dip that needs to be used up. XD