Sunday, October 5

Gujju madness.

I meant to blog on Friday but I forgot. Wait, actually, I went to go see Wall-E (which was soo awesome!) at the HUB and then hung out somewhere until 2 AM. I can't remember.

Yesterday was pretty cool because I went to a garba. A garba is essentially a gathering of dancing people. Specifically, it contains Gujarati people (and people who pretend to be Gujarati like me and totally ruin the dancing for everyone by sucking) dancing to Gujarati music. There was also raas, which is the dancing with dandias (sticks that you smack together). I was better at this, but I think I still contributed to screwing up the lines. Oh well. Anyway, it was cool because it was the first time I got to wear a Chania Choli, which is a Gujarati dress that everyone wears to garba. Priya lent me hers, and it was very pretty. Everyone there had wrapped theirs over their right shoulders, but Ramya and I, being the wicked South Indians that we are, wrapped ours over the left shoulder. That, and our terrible garba skills (well, Ramya's alright), made us stick out like sore thumbs. But all in all, it was a pretty fun night. My feet were aching by 10:30 and I made our group walk all the way back to campus (at some point, someone picked us up and drove us, so it wasn't actually the WHOLE way).

Today was Shivam's birthday so we took him to India Pavilion for a lunch buffet. To my pleasant surprise, they had Sambar. That was officially the first South Indian food I've had in, what, 6 weeks? Oh boy It was awesome. And oh yeah, it was my idea that we spoon feed Shivam cake while people took pictures.



Yep. My idea.

In other news, this week contained three more exams: Psychology, Physics, and Nutrition. So now, my first round of exams is over. The sad part is that I'm still not attending my morning Chem lectures and I really really have to start studying for OChem because I've got a Chem and OChem exam on the same day next week. Blecch.


OH YEAH! I forgot: I got a new phone after my old one kept dying. I think it was because I kept dropping it. My new one is a Motorola W755 and it's pretty cool. I liked it much better after I figured out how to put on my favorite ringtones for free. Also, I finally have texting!! It's true, text me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"alright?" you think my dancing is "alright?" hrmph!
haha jk, i know i suck. i just try. you skipped out on the easiest dances though. oh well, apparently the november garbha's better, so now that we've practiced we should be able to show off our awesome moves then.

and yeah, let me know if you want my pics. or do you just steal them off my facebook? i think i got some pretty good ones from IP today!

Okami Moon said...

if i text you, you never reply. loser. i think you're lying : P and im commenting again cuz u told me to.