Monday, February 9

I have become a poker bum.


Hi friends!

And...as if you didn't already know, here you can read about India

I actually DO have a valid excuse for not blogging within the past week, thanks to the boatload of work I was responsible for. On Wednesday was my first physics exam. On Thursday was: a lab report due, a presentation on the clotting mechanisms of the Cardiovascular System, and my first physiology test. The lab we did was on stimulating the sciatic nerve of a frog to observe how action potentials behave. I forgot to mention that I was the one who performed the necropsy on the frog for my group and extracted the sciatic nerve most skillfully, what with all of my mouse-killing experience :)

Right after the physio exam, we had another meeting for Natya and then Ramya and I went running at rec hall. After that, we went to listen to a speech by Madeleine Albright at the Eisenhower auditorium. Albright was the first female Secretary of State of the United States and served during Clinton's term. She was very intelligent and witty and I like her a lot. Also, she is apparently friends with Hillary Clinton, which is great. 

Thursday was Bhishma Ekadasi (the day Bhishma chose to die). Bhishma is a character from the Mahabharat, a Hindu epic poem, so some of us from HSC got together and watched a few episodes of the 1980s Mahabharat series. 



Anyway, thankfully, everything from that week is over and I was permitted to relax this weekend. By relax, I mean play poker with Ramya, Malinda, Shivam, Jon, and Trent until 4:00 AM and then watch Slumdog Millionaire until 7:00 AM. Somehow, I still managed to wake up by 11:30 on Saturday and we later went over to Karthik's apartment to hang out and partake in some awesome Indian cooking (palak paneer + methi paratha) and more poker. I think I may have become a gambling addict.

Yesterday, I woke up very tired (my sleep debt still hadn't been paid from the night before) and basically microslept the entire day while trying to study for my OChem exam on Wednesday and finishing a near-impossible lecture problem that was due this morning. 

I feel better today, so instead of studying, I played the flute some more, learned how to sing Vande Mataram, watched some documentaries on Asian architecture, and ate ice cream. That's about it for now! In other pleasant news, the weather is being rather nice by staying in the 40s. I hope this continues for some time. 

Ciao!

3 comments:

Marissa said...

Ahhh!! I loved Slumdog Millionaire. So good.

Okami Moon said...

i still need to see slumdog millionaire XD. and you are a fail for becoming obsessed w/ poker : P

Anonymous said...

you forgot you played with me too. AND slept in my room.

how insulting.