Sunday, December 7

Blecchhh

What's disgusting, gets stuck in your teeth, and has fewer calories than water?



Yes.
Celery.

It's what I'm (literally) gritting my teeth for this week. I am on a mission to eat only fresh, plant derived foods this entire week. The worse it tastes, the better. Why am I going through this self-induced torture, you ask? To build enough character before the end of this semester. I'm hoping that this new and temporary diet, along with a healthy dose of stressful cramming for finals, will reestablish my self worth. I will feel truly great about myself again before I leave for India. Ok, fine. I'm trying to make up for all the crap I ate and the studying that I didn't do over Thanksgiving break.

This is why I ask that if anyone sees me slacking: watching YouTube videos, eyeing a piece of candy, or gambling with cards again, please reprimand me. If you are really my friend, you will do this. If you live too far away to do this, you should call and talk to me...for moral support of course ;D.

In other news, today was my first Sangeetham class in State College! It was terrific.

In more other news, I've been hunting down really old Telugu albums. By really old, I mean like in the past 20 years. I found Gentleman, Roja, and Narasimha, all of which are by AR Rahman, and it turns, out, they're ALL originally Tamil songs! What the hell! What happened to the good, original Telugu music? I will find it.

One more thing: I have decided that it is best for my studies and focus if I do not visit 109 Stephens for the rest of the semester. 109 Stephens is Ramya and Malinda's room, though now it is more like Ramya, Malinda, Moksha, Arthi, and Shivam's room. Every time I go there to "study physics", I am forced to play cards. After playing cards, if I ever express the desire to leave, I am pinned to the bed by multiple people and tickled. This happened yesterday as well, and I only managed to escape by slipping into the crack between the two beds and crawling out underneath. When I finally managed to escape the room with a cunning trick, I think someone started to chase me, so I didn't stop running until I got ot Porter Hall. The situation is getting to be very dangerous and I think I will confine myself to my own room and lock the door from now on.

6 comments:

Nipunn said...

wow Sowmya

You are truly great

--Nipunn

Anonymous said...

Why anyone would ever want to leave the amazingness that is 109 Stephens is beyond me.

But seriously, I think it would be best for my studies if I don't visit 109 Stephens for the rest of the semester either. Oh wait...

PS- Thanks for sweeping our floor! I feel this post is lacking pictures, so when the one of your dust-covered butt appears on facebook, be sure to put it on here.

Anonymous said...

Great job. Now next time, try taking your cell phone with you when running away. That would be muchly appreciated.

Sowmya said...

MAYBE if I didn't have to do it so sneakily, I might have remembered to take my cell phone. But the circumstances didn't allow for such adequate planning.

Anonymous said...

I would like to announce that Sowmya has indeed come to room 109 Stephens TWICE since making the resolution not to. She has also consumed Indian TV dinners, cheese rangoons, and other assorted fatty foods. These examples reveal her weak will, despite her delusions to the contrary.

PS- "Muchly," Shivam?!

Sowmya said...

The above is a lie.