Monday, July 20

Mmmm Poori

Yesterday was one of those days that you wouldn't expect to be insanely awesome but turns out insanely awesome and you're pleasantly surprised. The fabulosity started when I started grading my practice MCAT verbal section and noticed that my answer sheet and the answer key were rather synchronized. This made me happy. Now this must also happen for the other two sections.

At about noon, the fam and I (minus Vishnu who was at a sleepover) went to Sravanthi's house where there was a Pooja. Being the horrible people that we are, we arrived at the end of the pooja, just in time for the food. For some reason I really like pooja food. It was also a graduation party/going off to med school party for Sravanthi. It was a ridiculously nice day so Sravanthi and her dad cut their cakes outside. It was uncle's 50th birthday. Two cakes! Double awesome sauce.

After that, my mom and I were planning to gatecrash an arangetram since it was taking place in Bedford High School. It was some student of Neena Gulati's, so we were hoping to see some Odissi. Pranathi, Bhavana, and their mom also came along and we arrived right at intermission time. We missed the Odissi but got to see the bharatanatyam and kuchipudi, including some plate dancing which was nice. We didn't feel bad about being there uninvited since we didn't actually consume their food. And besides, I got to see BHS again! The new auditorium looks pretty good. Once Pranathi posts up the pictures, I will share them with you.

After that spectacle, we chilled at my place and then drove over to The Pongal restaurant, where we had reserved a total of 16 seats. It was the night out with the musicians and Jothi Aunty! So we took them to an Indian restuarant (I know, creative) and were joined by Mamtha's fam. We talked about everything other than our dance production, ate, drank, and merried. I ordered some ridiculously huge deep fried pooris which tasted excellent but I needed my brother to help me eat them. Several hours later, we were the only ones in the restaurant and once the waiters started getting fidgety, we decided we should at least get up and let them clean. The large mass of people moved outside and chatted for another half hour. We moved a few steps closer to our cars and chatted for another half hour. We then realized that we could get into trouble for loitering around a building after hours so we reluctantly packed ourselves into vehicles and drove home.

And we all saw each other today during dance rehearsals. I swear, you'd think people would eventually run out of things to talk about, but you're always wrong.
:D

Pictures soon, I promise.

No comments: