Thursday, July 16

Harry Potter!

Its mid July. The days have actually been pretty nice, but what have I been doing? Forcing myself to stay indoors, taking MCAT practice tests, and practicing dance. I am actually in the middle of taking a test right now, but I am feeling the need to blog. Last weekend, I went to Nikhil's graduation party where there were several great adventures, such as being trapped in their sauna, throwing a paper towl roll across the pool (and failing, as you can see by the wet soggy mess here), and going on the MoonBounce while wearing dresses and skirts. Here are some illustrations.


Its name is Bob.

What started out as innocent poolside relaxation escalated into a battle of great splashes and wetness. We were merely dipping our feet into the pool when Sanjana got wet and needed the paper towl roll. Someone decided to throw the roll across the pool, and of course it missed the deck by one foot and landed right in the water, creating large splashing and loud screaming. Then commenced the great splash battle.

After Nikhil's house, the fam and I decided it would be a good time to go shopping. I got new sneakers (remember my old ones were ravaged by Holi colors?). On Sunday, I was forced to wake up exceedingly early (8:30) to attend morning dance camp. After that, we took the musician uncles, Venu, NS, and Srikanth, to the Sai Center where they sang bhajans and played instruments. Listening to NS uncle play the mridangam was INSANE. We went shopping after that. Great fun, we had. In dance class, we've finished with our Pushpanjali, Thillana, and we're working on the Varnam right now. We've done all this in just the past week and a half, which is a LOT.


I went to see Harry Potter 6 yesterday! It is probably my favorite movie of the series so far. I liked it because it was definitely its own film and didn't rely excessively on the book. From the fourth book onwards, it would be unfair to compare the books with the movies because there is no way you can be faithful to the text in a movie of reasonable length. It was still a long-ish movie but I liked the pacing--it didn't feel like everything was crammed together. It was also quite hilarious. Compared to the earlier movies, there is definitely a greater of sophistication and richness and subtlety that the last two films have had, and I have high expectations for the last one.

GAH! I'm still having a hard time believing that the series is actually over. I remember being in India when book 7 came out, so I actually was able to get it a full 9 hours before it was released here! My book has the British cover though.

I should probably get back to my practice test. Bleh. Seeya

3 comments:

Sanjana said...

actually, you have 2 more movies to look forward to. theyre splitting the last book into 2 movies.

[:

Marissa said...

I really liked the 6th movie too. The pacing was good I agree, as well as character development and atmosphere. Somehow they've made it feel magical again while the last two movies were too dark and brooding.

Nipunn said...

I got book 4 in India like that. 9 Hour advantage. I couldn't read the book in 9 hours though.

also,
SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!