Sunday, March 8

Breaktime

Last week on March 2nd was my unofficial birthday. It's my real birthday, but it's unofficial because it is not the date printed on my birth certificate. That's May 2nd. You can blame the buttheads in that darned hospital in Tirupati. So anyway, I usually don't celebrate my March 2nd birthday mainly because I like May 2nd better and it's the day I would officially get my permit, driver's license, etc. So I was pretty nonchalant when I went to dinner at Pollock with my friends on Monday. I treated myself to an ice cream sundae but didn't really make a big deal out of it. We went downstairs and Ramya and Malinda had to go to the bathroom. Shivam suggested we wait in The Mix, which is a convenience store in Pollock Commons. Then he suggested that we go outside, even though it was freezing. He was acting funny-ish, but it was Shivam, so I didn't care. "The moon is pretty," he said.

We proceeded to have a stupid and pointless conversation about Astronomy. Ramya and Malinda finally came out and we started walking forward. Then, in a really fake voice, Ramya goes, "Hey Sowmya!" and I look over. Then, something soft and wet hits my face. It was dark outside, so it took my some time to realize that it was a "pie" (more like, a plate with two inches of cool whip on it). Then, Ramya realizes that she didn't hit my face sort of on the side, so she pies me again so as to properly cover my face in cool whip.

As if that wasn't embarassing enough (that was done outside), they forced me to march through Redifer Commons with cool whip on my face while hundreds of people stared at me. I'm pretty sure one girl dropped her textbook. I made it a point not to make eye contact with anyone. So we finally made it over to 101 Stephens where there was a photoshoot with the pied me. I was then permitted to wash my face and we played several rounds of Fictionary (no, we did not gamble that night).

And no, I am NOT putting up a picture of me pied in the face, however I will share a picture of the pie with my face impression on it:

Ramya claims that I once said I wanted to be pied in the face for my birthday. I don't know how long they had been planning this out.

ANYWAY

Sorry it took me so long to post after the incident, but I had been desperately trying to study for my Fluids and Thermo (Physics 213) final during the past week. Thankfully, it's done and I celebrated by running 14 laps on the Rec Hall track. And then I ate a calzone. Spring break time!

It was an 8 hour long bus ride home (I am SO flying next time) and I arrived at 11:30 PM. Some vacation THIS is going to be: I have to study for the three exams have as soon as I get back: Physiology, Organic Chem, and Ballroom Dance. Stop laughing. By the way, my schedule for next semester is pretty much planned out, except that I might take Advanced Ballroom Dance as well:
http://lionschedules.com/oigaow

Thanks to the stupid college spring break schedules, not everyone is off during the same week. Even my brother is at school. And now, I'm sitting at home, with neither a car nor insurance, studying Aldehydes and Ketones, waiting for someone to drive by and whisk me away...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey hey hey!
1. My voice obviously was not that fake, becaue you didn't suspect a thing. Admit it, we pulled off the whole surprise pretty well.
2. 101 Stephens?!? You practically live there, the least you could do is get the number right! Sheesh.
3. You said you thought it would be cool to be pied in the face when we were discussing the SASA pie-a-thon. Don't even try to deny it.
4. Oh please, why not put up the lovely pics of your cool-whipped face? Your face looks better when we can't see most of it anyway! :P
5. How's the solo ballroom dance practice going? :P
6. I'm in the same situation as you- home all day with my ochem and physio books. Sigh. I can't wait till next week is over and it's PROG FORMAL time!
See you in 3 days!