Sunday, March 15

Spring forward!

I updated my india blog with dance details! http://sowmyastriptoindia.blogspot.com

The rest of the week turned out much better as I spent Wednesday with at the mall with Katherine and Soreen. We hardly bought anything, but it was like old times again when we used to ditch school during x-block half days and go to the mall. Back then, we would actually buy things because we were spending our parents money. On thursday, Soreen and I watched Slumdog Millionaire again. And on Friday, I hung out with some Goondas (Sanjana, Praneetha, Harsha, Priyanka, Pranita, Sahitya, Sindhu, Prithvi) in Boston for Sindhu's birthday. These are photos I will NOT be untagging :) Courtesy of Sindhu/Sanjana


It was totally awesome seeing all my telugu chums again especially since I hadn't seen most of them since my arangetram at the end of last summer. We traipsed around Newbury street, stepped into expensive clothing stores, stepped out of most of them empty-handed, and complained about the cold. I really wanted to buy this one t shirt from FCUK (french connection) but of course, they didn't have my size.

When it got too dark and too cold, we went into the Prudential Mall. The last time I went there was with Nipunn, Marissa, Jeff, and Katherine one summer day on one of our epic biking trips. We went to P.F. Chang's for dinner at 9 and finally got our food at 10. We are also joined by Mounica and Neetu. It was so cool seeing everyone! We finally got out of P.F. Changs around 11:00 and hung out by some heater at the Prudential Mall for another half hour. I really don't know why. I believe we were waiting for something...I'm not sure...

Being nutty inside the Pru.

While we waited for our seats in P.F. Changs.

Waiting for Mo, Neetu, and our food.

And finally we headed back in Sahitya's van. Praneetha slept over and the next morning, we made ariselu. By make, I mean that while my mom did most of the work and deep fried the dough, I pressed oil out of them and Praneetha arranged them on a plate. We were so very tired after such tiring work and lounged in the basement, where it was actually warmer than the rest of the house due to the windows being kept wide open. Praneetha did some dance practice (she has her arangetram this summer!) while I watched. I decided to go to the Town Hall to see Jothi Aunty, since I hadn't seen her since the day after my arangetram. We ended up hanging out there for three hours and watched her choreograph for the Nrityanjali summer production. By the time we got back home, it was PARTY TIME!

My mom invited the usual potluck group over to our house that day and I got to see even more people! It was fantastic. We played a game of fictionary with proverbs (rather, we tried to play) and cut a cake for Priyanka. I was so shot by the end of the day and fell asleep at the relatively early time of 2:00 AM.

This morning was horrible as I forced myself out of bed at 8:30 and onto my Fullington bus back to Penn State at 9:40. However, the trip was nice since for the first time, there was no rain, no hail, no fog, no snow, and no blizzard while I was traveling. We got here relatively quickly and I am now sitting in my room, blogging with the window open since it is so warm and beautiful outside.

As you can tell, the second part of my break was much less productive and much more fun. Therefore, I must ignore Ramya who is lounging out in the HUB lawn and get some Ochem studying done. I already miss everyone terribly and I will see all you wonderful Boston friends in another 2 months! Wheeeeee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:D
I'M GLAD YOU HAD FUN!
<333333333333 you.

Nipunn said...

fictionary!

I haven't played that in so long. I remember that my grandpa was really good at it.