Thursday, September 4

We'll see how long this keeps up.

I decided to start blogging at the legitimate start of freshman year, and look, I'm actually doing it! Who knows how long it's going to last? That's ok. Anyway, this first post is going to be a long one because I have to talk about the whole summer.

Man, I can't believe it's finally over. "Quick" summary of Summer 2008: I graduated from Bedford High School with an actual diploma (I checked all the fine print...it's a real diploma). So I was originally going to have my Bharatanatyam Arangetram on August 9, well before the start of the fall semester at Penn State. See the thing is, I decided to go to the combined medical program with Penn State and Jefferson Medical College, and I had originally planned on being a 7 year student. That is, three years at Penn State, and four at Jefferson. However, since most of the other 30 kids in the program choose the 6 year option (two years at PSU and four at Jefferson), I decided I should do the same. Plus, it would be nice to be done with school a whole two years before other med students. But of course, there was a catch...with the 6 year program, I would be required to give up a whole chunk of my summer (July 5 - August 15) in order to take 10 credits at Penn State. Ack! Arangetram conflict! What to do?? Well, my mom originally thought that I could switch dates with my friend Jyoti, also having her arangetram this summer, scheduled for August 23 (there were actually four arangetrams this summer from my dance school). However, she couldn't switch. Then, my mom thought of having mine on Sunday, the day after hers. I wasn't so keen on this because I didn't think anybody would attend two performances in a row, and especially a Sunday performance. Then, we decided to swap dates with Nisha, who was having hers on the 30th. The only problem was that by then, the fall semester at Penn State would have already begun and I would be a week late. But this is what I ended up doing because at that point I wasn't worrying about the future...I really just wanted to go to Penn State for the summer AND have an arangetram. Fortunately, I was able to get my awesome Penn State friends to take notes for me and fill me in on what I missed. So in the end, it all worked out, and here I am at Penn State, blogging instead of catching up on my work!

I should end this now, before I get too carried away...in my next post, I'll definitely talk about the whole arangetram experience.

Seeya

2 comments:

Sanjana said...

sowmya you goof. youre blogging :P
ive always wanted to blog, just too lazy.. haha

Melody said...

YAY SOWMYA FOR BLOGGING!