Saturday, September 13

Arangetram Part 5 - The Aftermath.


Well, there was much rejoicing. I mean, other people probably rejoiced...like I said, I was in way too much of a daze to feel anything. I convinced myself not to be surprised if I went home, slept, and woke up to find that the whole thing had been a dream. It certainly felt like one.


People I knew well, people I didn't know that well, people I had never seen before in my life...they all came up to congratulate me. How nice!

I know these guys!

But I don't know these ones. jk.


I'm not sure when this happened, but Shruti got stuck to a vent?

Anyway, while everyone else ate dinner, I mingled and took more pictures. I wasn't hungry for Indian food. What I really wanted was a Molten Lava Chocolate Cake from Chili's. I really wanted one. Someone checked online for Chili's number, ordered one, and brought it over for me. MAN, it was good.

Yum.


Oof. I was full. I couldn't even finish the stupid thing! My belt was too tight.

I went and mingled some more, took some more pictures, and said my final goodbyes to everyone as I would be leaving for college the very next day. Then, I remembered something: thunderstorms had been predicted for that evening. I stepped outside. I gazed upwards and instead saw a clear, gorgeous night sky dotted with stars. The Big Dipper, which we commonly associate with the summer sky here in the Northern Hemisphere, was clearly visible, but almost on the horizon. Summer--possibly the best summer of my life--was about to end.


SO! That was it. That was my arangetram. I meant to write about it in just one post, but it ended up requiring five. Writing about it has helped me relive the experience. Thanks for reading! I really hope you enjoyed it too. By the way, I'd really like to thank Sanjana and Sindhu for taking pictures backstage where the other photographers were too scared to explore. Most of these pictures belong to them.

I wrote an article for Lokvani, so read it: http://www.lokvani.com/lokvani/article.php?article_id=5187

Now, I can start blogging about college. What fun.

4 comments:

Marissa said...

YAY SOWMYA

blogging is for srs cathartic

Nipunn said...

Remember the wise words of Homer Simpson (with minor edits):

It wasn't the best summer of your life. It was the best summer of your life... so far!

Anonymous said...

this is good stuff. seriously, i enjoy reading it. i especially love the arangetram pictures- they are so colorful! you need to get a camera here so you can continue to enhance your college stories like that too. if you ever need pics that i've taken, let me know.
time to start blogging about life post-arangetram! i'm excpecting you to recount lots of laughing-till-your-stomach-hurts stories, so get on it! :)

Anonymous said...

i didn't actually get stuck to a vent :(
haha...