Sunday, August 9

This is freedom.

Remember at the beginning of the summer, I was talking about how awesome freedom was and how it felt so good to be free after so long? Well that was nothing.



Now, I feel truly free.

My MCATs finished themselves off last Thursday in Burlington. I hadn't spent an extraordinary amount of time studying for them all summer, but it still feels good to be done. But I wasn't completely free even then, because I still had to submit my final paper for my online class. We will return to that later.

So my MCAT lasted from 12:00 to about 4:30 since I opted not to take any of my 10 minute breaks between the sections. After ten bajillion practice tests, it's amazing how much you get sick of the stupid exam and are willing to avoid delays just to get it over with. When it was over, I was going to walk over to the mall. In the winter, I'm always complaining about the cold weather and reminiscing about the summer, so I should be appreciating the warmth, right? So instead, I frolicked around in the grass and ate the perugannam (yogurt rice) that my mom had packed for me to eat during the breaks. Mmmmm yeah

I went home and watched Aakasamantha, a really nice telugu movie. Watch the Tamil original, Abhiyum Naanum, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKbg7rWGQUg. It's sweet and funny. I felt wonderful, but the sense of freedom hadn't quite kicked in until I woke up on Friday morning. I was determined to figure out exactly how I would do nothing all day.

It was a gorgeous day. I pedaled over to the bike path and took several photographs on and off the bike. Yes. I took pictures while on the bike. I came inside. I ate things. I sat around for a while. I ate more things. I made gulab jamun. I went outside and shot hoops with my bro, who beat me twice at knockout. I showered. AND IT WAS ONLY 3:00! What the heck! Does time really go that slowly? I showered. The fam and I went to Madhavi and Shyam's place for dinner and I was pooped beyond all measure when we got back.

Saturday morning brought to Shruti's house for her grad partayy. Let's just say, I burned more calories than I consumed (despite the pie + ice cream), what with the antics and attempted bharatanatyam on the trampoline, netless badminton, volleyball, and Apples to Apples. The party didn't actually end, as we decided to go shopping in Nashua afterwards. I bought my first pair of Chuck Taylors! Turns out, my essay was due at midnight...so when we returned from the mall at about 9:30, I figured it would be a good time to start working on it. I managed to finish it just a little after midnight, as we gave Sushmita a surprise birthday cake. Wow! Procrastination is still exhilarating as ever. Mmmm. This morning, we awoke and went to Woburn to watch Magadheera. That movie was freaking 2 hours and 30 minutes long, damn it. After about 1.5 hours, it was intermission. The American cinegoers must have thought "phew, the brown people are finally leaving the theater..." but of course we piled back in for the second half. It was a pretty good movie. Pran and I went to the Chilakamarris' place for a Pooja/lunch after that. We got back just a couple of hours ago.


So, what am I going to do? I have exactly two more weeks with which to enjoy this feeling of fabulosity. Sometimes I have felt that stress is what defines my life...when I freak about school, when I desperately study for a test, when I rapidly churn out an essay...that's when it feels like I have some sort of meaning in my life. But I guess this is a nice feeling too.

as;;akjsvn;asdf;laskdhfnai;shgvkmvnkjxcvhpsdiufhgw8p37tyw-089h;dskljfhlaidugvakljdsbvak;lsjdgyqew80rgfpqpnptvn989UYb98yb-9ewtbvpq8973wt46bpv897weyf;iuasbfypqw89eyt2046p9aAPSIOHF;KAJSGHILATVWPQIUENYCR;PAWIO;ASDIFH;ASOIDGHASDFXCVKJZCXBVLDGFAIPFH

No comments: