Saturday, August 15

Rafting on the White Waters

Currently, I have this weird head cold sort of thing where my sinuses are kind of blocked but I don't have a temperature or anything. I can't tell if its due to allergies or a cold virus. It's nothing serious, but the weird part is I get it often when the weather is warm. Weird huh? Well the good thing is I was feeling pretty good yesterday when we went white water rafting!!

It was intense stuff. There were 19 of us total who went--five or six brown families. The unfortunate part was having to wake up at 5 AM (after going to sleep at 2. It's been a while since I've only had 3 hours of shuteye) and driving to Varun's house in Acton in a state of half slumber. And then another lengthy car ride over to the rafting place in Charlestown, MA.

The sun was hot and the water was cold when we rafted off into the Deerfield river, six to a raft. It was me, Praneetha, Mihir, Aditya, Babu Uncle and our guide Scary Larry to the last raft. Scary Larry ended up being a good choice since he let us surf the rapids. During the first one, Mihir got sucked in and almost lost his paddle. A life changing experience.
By the time we reached the last set of rapids, we were total pros. Near the end of the journey, Mihir, Aditya and I jumped off the raft and swam the rest of the way. Never underestimate the power of flowing water. And don't ever try to swim against the current because you will lose.

I'm thinking of designing a video camera that you can attach to your head/helmet when you go on epic trips such as white water rafting or mountain biking. Then you can film stuff. Wouldn't that be sick?

No comments: