Friday, August 27

Gesundheit


Studying for medical school gives you tunnel vision. Not like, actual tunnel vision, but figuratively speaking. Because only when one pulls oneself away from the books does one finally see the big picture and realize that time flies. I feel like I just sneezed, and already my first medical school exam is behind me (the written part, at least. My anatomy practicum begins in exactly one hour).

You can never study everything in medical school, and when you learn that, you also learn that you don't have to be studying all the time. And that's why I am blogging right now. All the exciting new things about this place have now become routine. Lectures, dissection, memorization. The formaldehyde smell has thoroughly seeped into my scrubs and now I'm afraid to put them in the wash with the rest of my clothes. The other day, we dissected out the human heart. I was afraid of dropping it on the floor the first time I held it. Amazing how being around a cadaver 24/7 makes you aware of your own mortality. I wonder who'll get to dissect out my heart. Eheh.

Tonight, after we put the apartment back together (it is currently lying in shambles since Swetha and I have not been cleaning or doing dishes for the past few days), I'll be taking a bus back home for the weekend, where I will be reunited with my iPod, my Krishna, and a television screen. I will be free and IT WILL BE GREAT

No matter what you do, gotta have some fun:

No comments: